Sunday, April 22, 2012

Song with Mary of Magdala II - draft updated

Draft. Reposting as I have updated it. Pieces in place but still torturing me....Telling a story yet maintaining the music... aligning concept and craft... The imperative of architecture...


Said Mary:
 
Even I, Mary Magdalene was loved
For my corporeal sin I
Was forgiven, anointed
In scripture appointed
A place at Jesus' side.

Said I to Mary:

That story was only pernicious fiction
Gloved Medieval sex affliction so
Your name conflated with whore
Celebrated
We all went along for the ride.

Yes, Said Mary:

My seven demons quietly cast
From a biblically accounted past pursue me
Still, mythic 
Grown monolithic as
The love of redemption abides.

Cried I:
Your story Paul emancipated, But 
Mine now a noose, my post desecrated
Discipled by hangman, by jury
By unyielding fury from Prophet's fear! 
A story of sin that misguides.

Said Mary to him:

Her story configured by external hand like mine
Through sleight of pain and graft of man
Encumbered by a catholic bent
You threw the hermeneut's perfidious cant! 
I ask you: 
The greater fiction hers or yours?
The one she wrote with financial cause
Or yours, imagined, paranoia born
Cast through eisegesis a
Woman scorned!

As he loved me, mirrored sins untrue,
Reflect love: what would Jesus do?

1 comment:

  1. a towering indictment and a worthy manifesto, rock on chala... for all our inner magdalens :)

    ReplyDelete