Saturday, April 7, 2012

Violet Letter

This poem is far from finished. I put it up so my poet friends can read it and give me critique. Please feel free to help me with it - I know it needs it!




for D. 
whom I have not met.


At midnight's rise rapt of fleece we eased into talk of:
Phantoms
Devils' histories 
Unions deceased
Schools balls bats
Brooks
A child's fall a spell
Of a book

Then she surfaced.
Cemented with contractor's semen.

I see her scar on you you said
Etched reflective in my tarnish
I can feel her brutal assail you said
Echoed in my wanton rhythms
I can smell your abject defilement 
Lifted in her abiding vapors

But you were hungry
And putrid meat is yet meat
The purple decay cling-wrap protected 
(stanza incomplete)

Then I succumbed.
Husked with clumsy seduction.

Call and response of text and image. 
And after the strip-search laid me vacated
You made haste to the digital dump we'd ditched together.
Amid the addicts and desperate anglers
You search for an angel
Inviolate



No comments:

Post a Comment